Connect with us! The Town of Riverview's social media engage the public to promote open and meaningful two-way communication. We hope that our accounts point you in the right direction to find key information about our community.
What you can expect from our online updates
Our accounts vary in terms of frequency and content, but usually publish a few times a day on weekdays and occasionally on weekends and holidays. We'll publish helpful information and link you to more detailed information and resources when available. Our staff do not respond to threads or messages on external accounts.
If you need emergency medical, police or other similar services, please call 9-1-1 to help you reach the emergency service you need. To report a water, sewer or road issue requiring urgent attention after hours call 387-2025.
Things to consider
- Accounts will be monitored during normal business hours - during all other times we will try to respond to your question in a timely manner.
- For any matter that is confidential, or too complicated for posting to the public, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Depending on the volume and nature of posts received, we cannot commit to responding to everyone.
- Stay on topic. We encourage focused, thoughtful comments and discussion which respond or relate to a particular topic, new initiative or upcoming event. Comments which are not related to our content or attempt to derail the conversation may be removed.
- Be respectful. If you choose to post content, please keep in mind that you must not:
- mislead us or anyone else as to your identity or the origin of the posted content, or falsely claim to represent a person, organization or entity
- post or transmit any message, content or link to content that:
- you either do not own or do not have the necessary rights to post or transmit;
- is in violation of any law, rule or regulation or any third party right, or promotes illegal activity or conduct that would contravene any law, rule or regulation or third party right;
- is abusive, hateful, homophobic, discriminatory, malicious, aggressive, threatening, violent, sexist, harassing, inflammatory, indecent, tortious, defamatory, knowingly false, misleading, deceptive, vulgar, obscene, offensive, scandalous, sexually explicit, profane, offensive or otherwise objectionable;
- incites hatred, racism, bigotry or physical harm of any kind;
- is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material;
- is in breach of any confidence;
- includes personal data or information about others; or
- can result in us being liable to anyone else under any intellectual property rights law.
The views expressed by others represent their own views and are not endorsed or approved by us, nor do we endorse or approve any events or other activities posted by a user.
The Town of Riverview supports an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and respectful work environment, free of discrimination and harassment. Town of Riverview employees moderate our social media sites and their contents. Any conduct that is discriminator or harassing will be removed and the user may be banned from future use of Town of Riverview channels.
We will cooperate with law enforcement officials and comply with any court order with respect to any claim or investigation due to any content posted and will provide such content and provide information regarding your identity as well as other relevant information.
Links to other websites
We may occasionally share links to external websites as part of a partnership agreement or for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Town of Riverview.