Regular garbage collection in Riverview takes place on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. To see your neighbourhood's schedule view the garbage collection map. All garbage should be placed at the road side before 6 a.m. on the day of collection but no earlier than 6 p.m. on the day before.
Blue/Green Sorting Program
The Town of Riverview follows the blue/green sorting program, which involves the separation of recyclable and compostable materials and is an easy way for citizens to do their part in reducing Riverview's carbon footprint. For information about sorting organic, recyclable and hazardous waste please consult RecycleSENB's waste sorting guide. RecycleSENB is responsible for the proper disposal of the area's solid waste. Its waste management aims to maximize diversion of materials from landfill and minimize environmental impact.
Beginning on November 12, 2013 blue and green bags containing improperly sorted waste will not be collected and will be tagged with an orange non-compliance sticker.
Spring & Fall Clean-Up
For one week during the months of May and October, the Town of Riverview offers a free special waste collection service for large and bulky items such as household appliances, furniture, yard waste, etc. Household hazardous waste is collected separately via the HHW mobile unit. Information related to the HHW mobile unit is released with the Clean-Up Week announcement.
2014 Spring Clean Up will be held May 26 - 30 with hazardous waste collection to be scheduled for May 31, 2014. More details to come.
Clean-up week rules
- Blue/Green separation is still in effect
- Bags must not weigh more than 16 kg
- All yard waste must be placed in green bags (clear bags will not be accepted)
- Tree branches should be bound together in lengths that do not exceed 1.2 metres
- Paint, solvents, aerosol cans, automobile parts and propane tanks will only be accepted at the Hazardous Waste Drop-Off and not during fall clean-up week