Trails, Tales & Tunes
Submission Deadline: March 24, 2017, 4 p.m.
Event Date: April 20, 2017 at Five Bridges Bar and Grill from 7-11 p.m.
Call for storytellers, musician and spoken word artists
The Sustaina-Palooza Team and the Fundy Biosphere Reserve is seeking story-tellers, musicians and slam-poets to participate in 'Trails, Tales and Tunes' - an evening of songs, stories and spoken word inspired by the Biosphere.
Trails, Tales & Tunes is about telling our story of people and place. The April 20th evening event is hosted by the UNESCO designated Fundy Biosphere Reserve and will celebrate our natural environment, cultural heritage and the pioneers of the past, present and future that contribute to a resilient region!
- Trails, Tales and Tunes is hosted by the Fundy Biosphere Reserve and is strictly a volunteer event to celebrate the Amazing People and Places of the Upper Bay of Fundy area. (Honorariums will be provided for musicians/performers)
- Music Performances /Storytellers must not exceed 20 minutes in length.
- Spoken word artists must perform a poem of the poet's own construction and have three minutes to read one poem.
- Musicians/performers are expected to participate in sound check/rehearsal and to ensure smooth transitions between performances.
- Programming announcements will be made on or about March 31, 2017.
- We encourage 'kitchen party' local favorites to submit!
To apply, please complete the online submission form which requires:
- Contact details
- Link to your website, Facebook or YouTube channel or other samples of your work
- An artist bio
Please note, only online submissions will be accepted. If you require assistance completing the online form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to Creative Gros Morne for inspiring us with the original Trails Tails and Tunes Festival held annually in Norris Point NL every May.
Learn more about Sustaina-Palooza!