Byron Dobson Memorial Arena
With the new renovations of our two-pad arena completed, you can now enjoy the fresh look of an old favourite. The Byron Dobson Arena now sports six new dressing rooms, new public washrooms, four renovated dressing rooms, wheelchair accessibility to all levels and a mezzanine room with a canteen overlooking both rinks.
The arena is located at 90 Biggs Drive across from the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Relations main office.
Free Halloween Skate
Sunday, Oct. 25 2:30-4 p.m.
This isn't a trick just wickedly free treat! Dress up for a ghoulishly good time at the Byron Dobson Arena! There will be a parade of ghouls and goblins at 3:20 p.m.
Goblins ages 12 and under: Trick-or-treat early and get a free treat bag!
Skating Schedule 2015-16
Holiday Skating Schedule
March Break 2016 Skating Schedule
- Be respectful of others and use appopriate language.
- No pushing, shoving, sitting on side boards, racing of any kind.
- Pylon area is for younger and inexperienced skaters. Children learning to skate with parents should remain within designated pylon area.
- Skate facing forward and in the same directional "flow" as other skaters. Figure skaters should not practice during Public Skates and Child Skates.
- Keep food, drinks and objects such as pucks, hockey sticks, strollers, sleds etc. off the ice.
- Everyone on the ice surface must be wearing skates. No boots are allowed.
- All children under the age of 13 must wear a helmet. Adults are not permitted on the ice during child skate sessions, unless their child is in need of assistance. In this case, the adult must stay with that child one-on-one.