Skip to main content

Permits, Licenses, and Service Requests

Applying for a specific permit, license, or service request? Find the appropriate application below.

For Businesses

Aside from the Mobile Vendors permit or Pedlar Licence when applicable, the Town of Riverview does not administer or require a specific business license or permit in order to operate. Federal and Provincial permits may apply. Visit BizPal for a full listing of Municipal, Provincial and Federal permits.

Zoning Approval
Whether you're planning to open a business in an existing building, operate from your home, or construct a new building, you must first ensure that your business is permitted at the location you have chosen. This can be done by contacting the municipality directly. Contact us today to speak with our Town Planner.

Home-based Business Approval
Home-based businesses require approval prior to operating where the business activities take place within the home. Contact us today for more information.

Building Permits
Construction and development activity may require a number of permits, including approvals for subdivison, zoning and planning. A building permit is a license which grants legal permission to start construction of a building project, including demolition, plumbing, building or renovation. To acquire a building permit click here. For more information on development and construction activity, visit our Planning and Development page.